Impact Smeal Day
Registration for Alumni
* This registration is for alumni only. Smeal students should register at this link: https://engage.tassl.com/event/10013/
Impact Smeal Day provides alumni with the opportunity to come to campus and connect with the college through a number of activities such as interacting with current students, networking with other alumni, gaining professional insights, and hearing about college initiatives. The day is designed so that you can sign up for the sessions that work for your schedule. Some sessions may have a virtual option, which will be noted in the description.
- Read details about the sessions below and then select "Impact Smeal Day Registration" at the bottom of the page to register. Sessions that offer a virtual option will note this opportunity on the registration form.
- Attendees who arrive to campus on Thursday, September 30 are invited to join the Smeal Alumni Society Board for a reception in the Business Building from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Can't make it to campus on September 30? Learn about other ways that you can Impact Smeal!
- Disclaimer acknowledgment: Your participation at this event indicates your consent to be photographed, filmed, or recorded for Smeal publicity through print or online communication.
- The next Impact Smeal Day will be on Friday, March 31.
Thursday, September 29
5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Alumni Society Board Reception in the Business Building: The mission of the Smeal Alumni Society is to provide opportunities for networking, volunteerism, and lifelong engagement to its diverse alumni community of more than 90,000 graduates. Join members of the Smeal Alumni Society Board and other fellow alumni for friendly conversation, food, and beverage.
Friday, September 30
8:00 - 8:45 a.m.
- Alumni Networking & Welcome: Kick off your day in the Atrium of the Business Building with other alumni and light continental breakfast items.
9:00 - 10:00 a.m. (this session includes a virtual option)
- State of the College with Dean Whiteman: Join Chuck Whiteman, the John and Karen Arnold Dean of the Smeal College of Business as he looks ahead at the 2022-2023 academic year (his 10th with Smeal!) During the session, alumni can ask questions and engage in a discussion with the Dean.
10:15 - 11:00 a.m.
- Career Roundtable Discussions with Students: Alumni will have the opportunity to share their insights on various industries, job functions, roles, and workplace experiences with undergraduate and graduate students at tables in the Atrium. The tables will be labeled with a variety of business topics, and during the course of the session, alumni and students can partake in multiple discussions and engage with each other. There is another opportunity for these discussions at 1:30 p.m. - alumni are welcome to attend both sessions and interact with different student attendees.
11:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (this session includes a virtual option)
- Smeal Executive Insights: Smeal's signature speaker series, which brings high-profile business leaders to the college will welcome Charles Raup, U.S. President of The Hershey Company. Raup is a 1989 graduate of the Smeal College of Business. He joined Hershey in 2009 after 13 years at Kraft Foods. He served seven years in the United States Navy as a Surface Warfare Officer.
12:15 - 1:15 p.m.
- Lunch: Boxed lunches will be served in the Atrium of the Business Building to all Impact Smeal Day alumni attendees.
Alumni who are in Smeal's Mentoring Program can make arrangements ahead of time to invite their Student Protégé to join them for lunch (students should let us know they are coming through a separate form that was sent to them from the Alumni Relations Office).
Although this is the time we are aiming for the majority of our event attendees to eat, you can eat at any point between 11:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m., if there is a time that better accommodates your schedule or your student protégé's schedule.
1:30 - 2:15 p.m.
- Career Roundtable Discussions with Students: Alumni will have the opportunity to share their insights on various industries, job functions, roles, and workplace experiences with undergraduate and graduate students at tables in the Atrium. The tables will be labeled with a variety of business topics, and during the course of the session, alumni and students can partake in multiple discussions and engage with each other. There is another opportunity for these discussions at 10:15 a.m. - alumni are welcome to attend both sessions and interact with different student attendees.
2:30 - 3:15 p.m. (select one)
- Authentic Leadership for Innovative Teams presented by Keleigh Asbury, Director of Smeal Alumni Career Services
- The Nittany Lion Fund and the Evolution of Finance Toward Impact and ESG Investing presented by Marley Turbett, Smeal Finance Student and Christoph Hinkelmann, Clinical Associate Professor of Finance
3:30 - 4:00 p.m.
- Alumni Networking & Farewell: We will close out the day together, allowing for additional alumni-to-alumni networking, information on how to stay engaged with Smeal, and an optional tour of the Business Building from the Smeal Ambassadors Student Organization.
210 Business Building, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802 US
Zoom (virtual) options are also available!
This engagement has passed
Registration is no longer available.
Ask a Question
Point of Contact
Director of Alumni Relations
Message not sent.
An error occurred.
Send us a message!