Penn State Great Valley presents My Career Transitions
Tools for Staying Organized in Job Search by JB Brigati
Saturday, February 10, 2024, 10:00 AM - 12:15 PM EST
A job search can be overwhelming. It’s easy to lose track of the people you’ve contacted, the jobs to which you’ve submitted applications, and all the follow-ups that go along with it. Join us to learn lots of easy tricks to keep your job search organized and productive while maintaining your sanity.
By attending this session, you will learn:
- the ability to stay on top of all applications, follow-up activities, and status
- how to effectively track all recruiter referrals and communications
- to understand the value of tracking target companies and setting alerts, and why you need to do both
- the benefit of using templates to create the perfect resume and cover letter specific to each opportunity without reinventing the wheel each time
- tips to keep your sanity through the whole transition process
JB is a proud member of My Career Transitions, and joined the group in August 2010 when she was unexpectedly downsized. All the tools and tricks shared in this presentation were developed during a four-month transition period, in which her job search yielded 1,087 emails, 89 online job applications, 29 recruiter referrals, and countless phone calls. That’s a lot to manage, and these tools kept her focused and productive. JB is currently the Vice President of Marketing Operations & Product Management at Philadelphia Police & Fire Federal Credit Union. Although happily re-employed, JB still finds tremendous value and comfort in the MCT community.
To learn more about this event, click here.
All attendees will abide by the terms and conditions set forth by My Career Transitions.
When: Saturday, February 10, 2024, 10:00 AM - 12:15 PM EST
Where: Penn State Great Valley, 30 East Swedesford Road, Malvern, PA 19355
Networking options available before and after presentation.
Registration closes at 12 PM on February 9.
Only one ticket option should be selected.
Each person must register individually.
- In Person at Penn State Great Valley, 30 East Swedesford Rd, Malvern, PA 19355
- Virtual on Zoom – Link will be emailed before the day of the event.
30 East Swedesford Road, Malvern, PA 19355 US
This engagement has passed
Registration is no longer available.